TrueNAS 12.0 U1 stuck after fresh installation reboot

bsdme2

Cadet
Does anyone get stuck after a fresh installation and reboot with TrueNAS 12.0 U1 at "Creating and/or trimming log files."
I press control-c but it does not do anything, motherboard is Supermicro X11SSM-F with Skylake 3.6GHHZ V5 cpu.

Thanks.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Does seem odd, not sure we've seen other reports of this in particular. What type of install, UEFI / BIOS? Might be worth creating a ticket on jira.ixsystems.com so we can investigate further though.

bsdme2

Cadet
Hi Chris, after several attempts, even tried creating a new flash drive, but still get stuck at "Creating and/or trimming log files".
I did try press control-c but it does not do anything. Anyway, after getting frustrated with installing TrueNAS 12.0-U1, I install FreeNAS 11.3-U5 and everything going smooth. So I configured what I needed and the system has been running for a couple of days now without any issue.
I am happy with FreeNAS 11.3-U5 for now.
My FreeNAS hardware, Supermicro X11SSM-F with Skylake 3.6GHHZ V5 with 2 x Western Digital 2TB setup as mirror configuration
and BIOS is updated also. Anyway, I follow your advice and post the issue with the link you provide: jira.ixsystems.com

altuin

Cadet
From my experience this happens with Supermicro boards while tryind to install TrueNAS in UEFI mode. Update BIOS and BMC Firmware and the install will finish without problems.