TrueCharts upgrade of Scrunity results in data loss

rramchar

Cadet
Hi All,

I'm running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.0.1 and yesterday attempted to upgrade Scrutiny HDD monitor.
Scrutiny was installed using the TrueCharts app and has been working for about a month without issues.
I've upgraded Scrutiny twice in that time without issues.
However, when I attempted to upgrade yesterday it failed silently. I could not find any error logs and I ended up rolling back to the previous version.
After the rollback none of my historical HDD data was available.

I've got two questions.

1) How do I go about diagnosing failed upgrades when the UI shows no errors?
2) Do I need to upgrade to 22.02.1 to use the upgraded TrueNAS/TrueCharts apps?

Thanks in advance.

DaSnipe

Explorer
Hi All,

I'm running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.0.1 and yesterday attempted to upgrade Scrutiny HDD monitor.
Scrutiny was installed using the TrueCharts app and has been working for about a month without issues.
However, when I attempted to upgrade yesterday it failed silently. I could not find any error logs and I ended up rolling back to the previous version.

I've got two questions.

Thanks in advance.
1) You’d have to check logs, but if you rolled back you might’ve lost non-persistant data held in the PVC if none of the historical data is shown.
2) There’s bug fixed inside 22.02.1 so we’d say yes, the team doesn’t use older versions so if there’s errors you’d have to see on your own.

Generally if an upgrade fails you would see something in the logs, there’s a bug in 22.02.1 where you don’t see it in the GUI and have to download them manually

stavros-k

Patron
Hi All,

I've got two questions.

Thanks in advance.
There was a breaking change due to the underlying image change, as linuxserver deprecated their image.
And the official scrutiny image had a different setup in terms of storage. So it's not able to migrate.

It should show up in the changelog when you click upgrade.

However, there was indeed not a change in the major version on the app, which it should have been.
I probably f'ed up when rebasing and resolved conflicts in the commits resulting in not including the version change in the commit :/
Sorry about that.

As for the rollback not bringing the old data back... See more here https://jira.ixsystems.com/browse/NAS-116429

1655703026608.png