Trucharts VPN additional storage

clusty

Dabbler
Hey,

I watched some YouTube guide to setup transmission with open VPN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAwEEy7mHoo
The person in the video was mentioning that trueChart apps with VPN cannot access extra storage.
Are there any known workarounds since the apps are not very usable because of this.

Heavy

Explorer
Hey,

I watched some YouTube guide to setup transmission with open VPN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAwEEy7mHoo
The person in the video was mentioning that trueChart apps with VPN cannot access extra storage.
Are there any known workarounds since the apps are not very usable because of this.
I made that video, its a bit old, and only pertains(ed) to OpenVPN.
Wireguard never had these issues. I also would only recommend Wireguard as a VPN service anyway, its just so much faster. If you need a good provider, I would go with mullvad personally.

Finally, the issue on Truecharts Github has been closed, If OpenVPN is your only option, there is no harm in trying it with additional storage and seeing if it works, If not, you may need to re-open the issue(or contact them on discord) so Truecharts is aware of it.

clusty

Dabbler
Hey,

Mind posting the link so I reopen the issue ?
The issue prevented me from effectively using a torrent client: you need both feature for the thing to be useful.

I am currently using mullvad since it is one of the only providers that give out config files. The issue is that it’s very expensive and this is the only feature that keeps it viable in my case.

Heavy

Explorer
Hey,

Mind posting the link so I reopen the issue ?
The issue prevented me from effectively using a torrent client: you need both feature for the thing to be useful.

I am currently using mullvad since it is one of the only providers that give out config files. The issue is that it’s very expensive and this is the only feature that keeps it viable in my case.
Like I said just use Wireguard config file for your VPN client, not OpenVPN. If you're having issues with Wireguard, it's most likely something you're doing, since I've never personally heard of an error with Wireguard, and run many apps myself, with mullvads Wireguard config. But, here's the link anyway.

clusty

Dabbler
I explained badly:
I was having issues with OpenVPN and because of that I changed providers so I can get WG working properly.
So far it’s working fine, it just costs 5 E/ month instead of costing 2$ ( PIA or Nordvpn )