SOLVED Troubles Setting Up Simple ZFS Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterMark

Cadet
Just starting to set up my first FreeNas Server. Trying to set up a Mirrored RAID 1 system using 2 Toshiba 2TB Harddrives. My system is a AMD A8-5600 , Asus AMD Motherboard (with RAID) and 8 GB RAM. Using a 3rd harddrive to boot up FreeNAS. Under Volumes is I View Disks it does show the two drives , naming them ada1 & ada2. If I use the ZFS Volume Manager, naming the volume Backup1 , press the '+' on available drives , then press Add Volume , I see the ZFS Volume bar popup screen for about 3 or 4 seconds only. No volume is made.
The next thing I tried was to made the RAID through the Motherboard Bios. When I finished making the RAID , FreeNas halted on the Btx Loader. Any thoughts?
Thanks

MasterMark

Cadet
Just starting to set up my first FreeNas Server. Trying to set up a Mirrored RAID 1 system using 2 Toshiba 2TB Harddrives. My system is a AMD A8-5600 , Asus AMD Motherboard (with RAID) and 8 GB RAM. Using a 3rd harddrive to boot up FreeNAS. Under Volumes is I View Disks it does show the two drives , naming them ada1 & ada2. If I use the ZFS Volume Manager, naming the volume Backup1 , press the '+' on available drives , then press Add Volume , I see the ZFS Volume bar popup screen for about 3 or 4 seconds only. No volume is made.
The next thing I tried was to made the RAID through the Motherboard Bios. When I finished making the RAID , FreeNas halted on the Btx Loader. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Issued solved.. One of the new Hardrives was bad.. Swapped Out and fixed issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.