Trouble copying files larger than 2gb to a shared ZFS RAID volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pozad1980

Cadet
Hello,
I have a freenas based NAS set up, it works for about 3 years now and there is a problem with copying files larger than 2gb to a CIFS shared ZFS RAID volume. Any file that is smaller than 2GB is copied without any problemm.

System information:
FreeNAS-9.2.1.6-RELEASE-x64 (ddd1e39)
Platform Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Memory 16058MB
Load Average 0.01, 0.05, 0.06

Error message from windows explorer on client pc windows 7 64bit: "You require permission from computer's administrator to make changes to this folder"

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Read the rules. No one can help when you don't ask good questions. Hardware specs, FreeNAS version, error messages, client version, config, network config.

Last edited by a moderator:

pozad1980

Cadet
I have only remote connection through the web interface to the FreeNAS. Can i get the log from the web GUI? Thank you

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Does FreeNAS 9.2 even have Samba4? Please consider upgrading to a recent version of FreeNAS. That one is many years old, and many improvements and bug fixes have happened since then.

pozad1980

Cadet
Does FreeNAS 9.2 even have Samba4? Please consider upgrading to a recent version of FreeNAS. That one is many years old, and many improvements and bug fixes have happened since then.
I'm considering it but the server is about 60 miles away from my place.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Are you transferring data over the way using smb?

pozad1980

Cadet
Another question. If I'm doing an upgrade to the FreeNAS will it recognize a ZFS RAID from an old system without a problem? The data on this volume is very important and can't be lost.

styno

Patron

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Another question. If I'm doing an upgrade to the FreeNAS will it recognize a ZFS RAID from an old system without a problem? The data on this volume is very important and can't be lost.
Yes it will import the pool.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
9.2.1.6 introduced it, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.