Transmission WEB-GUI can not accessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeKiller

Cadet
freenas 9.1.1 release+transmission 2.77 plugin. the transmission service status is ON, but the web-gui can not open.

from virtual box console shows error message as attached img.

transmission setting is default value. can somebody tell me why, thx!

Attachments

• FreeNAS.png
    FreeNAS.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 586
D

dlavigne

the transmission service status is ON, but the web-gui can not open.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. What web GUI? A screenshot of what is wrong might help.

ljw1

Dabbler
I am having the same problem. There is no way of accessing the front end of the transmission daemon.

Whattteva

Wizard
Login to the jail that's running the transmission daemon and do this command:
Code:
netstat -an|grep 9091

Make sure there is one entry listed as "LISTEN".

If you've configured transmission's default port to some other port, replace 9091 with whatever that number is.

Dusan

Guru
Edit: Actually running netstat in the jail suggests someone IS listening, just at another ip address.
Every jail has its own IP adresses. You must point your browser to the jail's IP, not the main FreeNAS IP.

Johan

Cadet
Yes, I know that. Now. That's not very practical in some cases though. It's not necessarily obvious to the average user how to find that IP address.

KillerWee

Cadet
I had issues with this aswell...
I fixed it by removing the tick in VIMAGE , and put a tick in NAT. (In the plugin jail configuration)
Even though the jail is not shown in my router software, it works like a charm :)

KillerWee

Cadet
Is it still possible for Transmission to receive BT connections from outside? Doesn't it complain about "closed port"?

Yup... Even though it's not shown through the dhcp function on the router, you can still do a portforward to the address of the jail.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.