Transmission service is stopping randomly

nMad

Dabbler
I installed Transmission manually in an iocage jail using this guide. However, the Transmission service stops once every few days. The jail is still up and running and I am able to start the Transmission service again without any problems. I tried rebooting the jail and the server itself without any luck.

I can't find any errors in /var/log/messages other than normal Tranmission logging about torrents.

Can someone please help me out?

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this?

If not, which version of FreeNAS?

nMad

Dabbler
Were you able to resolve this?

If not, which version of FreeNAS?
Hi dlavigne, thanks for your reply. I was not able to resolve this.

Running latest FreeNAS stable release (11.2-U3) with latest and up to date jail version (11.2-RELEASE-p6). Jail is really clean, only Transmission installed with minimum of configuration, no special settings.

I can provide any logging you ask for to help investigate. Your help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

nMad

Dabbler
Because it can also be related to Transmission itself I created an issue at Github: https://github.com/transmission/transmission/issues/867

Someone replied with the following comment:
When I encountered this problem, it was due to my system not having enough ram available. ZFS was eating it all up but creating a swap partition seemed to fix it for me.

Can this indeed be the problem? I have 16 GB of RAM and didn't change any swap or RAM related settings.

Schermafbeelding 2019-04-02 om 18.37.26.png

Schermafbeelding 2019-04-03 om 09.00.48.png

Last edited: