Transmission not grabbing from watch directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcevan

Patron
Hmm...usually don't do couchpotato but tried to grab a movie and it snatched an put .torrent into /downloads/torrentfiles

I'm seeing that from a Windows PC and the .torrent is there

For Transmission's setup it's using /downloads/torrentfiles as watch directory and verified that is what's set in the settings.json file as well as in plugins config in gui.

Transmission doesn't grab anything there.

I've tripled checked all the directories are mounted, etc., so I think this goes to permissions. Transmission isn't great for log viewing like Couch and Sick so cannot readily see if it is a permissions issue or not.

Any specific knowledge on what to do if Transmission isn't getting torrents from it's own watch directory?

SinDeus

Explorer
Hello! I have some questions regarding your issue:
  1. Are CouchPotato and Transmission in the same jail?
  2. Is Transmission started (:D)?
  3. From within your Transmission jail (via the console or SSH), can you see the mounted folder and the torrent files? What are the folder and files permissions?
  4. Does the mounted folder have the correct location ("/downloads/torrentfiles") in the Transmission jail?
Also, CouchPotato can easily communicate with Transmission, without any need of a "torrent blackhole". You just have to configure your Transmission installation in the CouchPotato settings page (under "Downloaders" > "Transmission").

marcevan

Patron
Transmission, Sick, and Couch all have their own Jails.

I was able to reinstall couch and noted it was a newer version so here's the scoop now:

1. I haven't been able to test if Sick and Couch are putting anything into watch folder
2. Couch now has a permission error writing to my main movies folder after trans finished a movie
3. Movies were setup with guest:guest and I believe Couch runs as media:media
4. I believe I need to add Media to the Guest group and permissions should be fine.
5. I'll test watch folder of Sick and Couch later this week

Whattteva

Wizard
Did you change the transmission watch directory to the directory you specified? And if so, did you try restarting the daemon after you changed it? Also, did you check to make sure transmission did not revert the settings upon reboot? There's a certain order to which you have to change those things in order for the change to "kick in" and not get reverted.

Status
Not open for further replies.