Transmission - Download folder outside the jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitsune

Dabbler
Heya,
is it possible to change the destination of the downloadfolder to a dataset which is outside of the jail? I have seen the possibility of adding storage but I'm not sure if this is the option I'm looking for. I'm currently using Transmission 2.77 (just in case this matters) and some help would be great because I haven't found anything that answers my question.

If there is a way, are there any potential risks if the folder is changed? I'm new to plugins and jails.

kitsune

Dabbler
Hi dlavigne, thanks for your reply. Okay thats exactly what I did but when I try to download the current ubuntu iso image I'm getting that error:

PW8MNyh.png

I changed the download folder to "/media" because the original folder had to many characters and I wasn't able to create a jail on it. I start getting a bit frustrated because it seems that nothing wants to work properly.

4t7shZH.png

By-the-way I'm using transmission 2.77 (it's the only plugin installed so far) if this is important and I'm getting in the console a ton of errors like "Ensure your drives are connected" and "use set location to re-download, remove the torrent and re-add it"

the permission denied error has an addition "fdlimit.c:369" and google wasn't that helpful.

Edit:
I found something curious, as soon as I change the folder to /mnt I'm getting the same error and when I look after the folder rights they changed to that:

xp13EF3.png

"/mnt" had "root" and "wheel" before.

kitsune

Dabbler
@danb35: the permission on that folder is user "kitsune" and group "nogroup". I wasn't able to access the folders via root on CIFS so I created a user for that. Perhaps thats the reason?

@hevron: Thanks for the link. I'm going to see if there is something useful in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.