Transmission 2.61 bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdaniel7

Dabbler
Hello,

I'm running FreeNAS 8.3.0 x64 with Transmission 2.61.
I've managed to make it work (because of the UID of transmission user and umask), but it seems to download only from .torrent files and not from magnet metadata.
For torrents added using magnet links, it gets stuck:

Downloading from 25 of 25 peers - ↓ 0 kB/s ↑ 0 kB/s
Magnetized transfer - retrieving metadata (0.00%)

And it stays like that for hours.

The ports are open, port forwarding is enabled, UPnP works, NAT-PMP works, the peers tab shows lots of peers with 100%.

Now, I'm thinking this might be related to the older version of Transmission, so I'm considering an upgrade from packages.
I see here that the latest version is ported: http://www.freshports.org/net-p2p/transmission-daemon

So my question is, is it safe to just upgrade from ports? Or should I first backup my T config, remove the pbi and then install from ports?

bdaniel7

Dabbler
I think I just fixed it..
I added 2 nameservers to the jails resolv.conf and now it can download from magnets as well.

how about that...

bdaniel7

Dabbler
Login to your FreeNAS and change directory to where the jail is installed. Mine is in /mnt/vol1/jail/software.

So, cd /mnt/vol1/jail/software/etc
Then, ee resolv.conf
You'll see a line, search local

Under this line, add a line for each nameserver you want:
nameserver x.x.x.x

P.S
I suspect that in my case it was also a matter of (in)correct umask set for Transmission.

And my question about upgrading Transmission from ports, over the pbi, still stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.