Transfer speed slow at 10-12MBs

AltecBX

Patron
So I've been transferring files to my NAS servers for years from my computer at a decent speed. My network is 1 Gbps. My normal rate to my server is usually from 105-120MB/s but randomly and lately (last 8 months) it's been at 10-12MBs. My setting shows 100baseTX . How can I change this to 1GB?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Sounds like a bad cable to me.

Davvo

MVP
Generally when you have slow transfer speeds you check:
  • the nic is not realtek;
  • the cables are good;
  • your pool is not nearly full;
  • you have some bad settings somewhere.

Arwen

MVP
The network speed of 100baseTX that used to be 1Gigabit/per second, indicates that you have a cable, or connector problem. 10/100Megabits/per second requires only 2 pairs from the 8p8c cable & connector. But, Gigabit speed requires all 4 pairs from the entire path.

I've seen this with loose connectors on cables, and on bent wires in female connectors on system boards.

So, check your cable & connector path(s) out. You said it was intermittent, this is what I would check.

AltecBX

Patron
All of you were right!

The cat 6 jumper cable from the panel to the switch was squished from the front door of the chassis.
I literally moved it and got it back to work at 1GBps. Confirmed it by it being lit up green instead of amber on my Ubiquiti switch.
I'm running at 92% on used space but that wasn't the issue.

Thanks, everyone...

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I'm running at 92% on used space but that wasn't the issue.
Glad you got it fixed but you need to address this issue as well.

vasu

Cadet
I am facing too slow speed over my network. I am new to truenas can you any one help me to speed up my network. I did a test with iperf. result screenshot attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 427