Transfer Speed issue on windows

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
so maybe you can advise what intel NIC i should get to work for me?
The hardware recommendations guide in the resources section (https://www.truenas.com/community/resources/hardware-recommendations-guide.12/) has this to say about it:
For Gigabit Ethernet, the recommendation is simple: Intel. Any Intel 1GbE controller will work fine.
Intel I217/I218/I219-series
The I217/218/219 series of NICs is actually just a PHY for the gigabit Ethernet hardware present in the PCH. These are basic adapters that will be fine for most users but lack certain features that may be useful in more complex environments. Note that -V models are not officially supported under FreeBSD (andthus TrueNAS), whereas the -LM models are officially supported.
Intel I210
The I210 NIC is a very popular model, close to a standalone I217 with some additional features (notably the ability to be multiplexed between host and BMC).
Intel I350
The I350 NIC is Intel’s high-end GbE model and supports high-end features such as Virtual Machine Device Queues (VMDq) and Single-Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV). It is available in both two-and four-port models.

Sarunce

Dabbler
Thanks for the info.
i think i will order the Intel I350
Will it be just plug and play or i will need to do something with it?
(as im new to all this server stuff:smile:)

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Thanks for the info.
i think i will order the Intel I350
Will it be just plug and play or i will need to do something with it?
(as im new to all this server stuff:smile:)
Plug and play. Most people configure it in the gui and away you go.

Sarunce

Dabbler
Ok thanks wery much for all your help i will get that card orderd and i hope it will fix my isseu :smile:
I will be posting un update here after i have the card setup:smile: