Took usb key with freenas out of computer now I put it back and I cant connect to OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advocate

Cadet
Hi

I recently pulled my freenas usb key from my computer to try a different os and tonight put the usb key back into the computer to use it again. Now all I get is to the control panel. i have tried to reset the ip address and access the web gui with no result and it keeps going back to the control panel. I am new to freenas and maybe I am going about it all wrong but i am hoping I can get it up and running like it was before. Any help would be great. Hope this makes sense.

Also If i have to reinstall freenas a question that I have is : can i add my hard drives to the system without having to format them as they have my some of my movies that I already ripped and i don't want to start over.

Thanks in Advance

ProtoSD

MVP
Advocate, what version of FreeNAS are you using? 8.0, 8.01 beta?
I'm not sure what you mean 'all you get is the control panel'? Do you mean the console menu?

When you say you pulled out the key to try another OS, did you reformat it and install another OS on the the USB key and then flash it back to FreeNAS?

You're not being very clear.

Anyway, once you get FreeNAS working correctly on your USB key, you can re-add your drives and your data should be there unless you did something while trying the 'other' OS.

Advocate

Cadet
Hi thanks for the response and I see where I was not very clear. Anyways I am using one of the version 7 OS systems and yes it is the control panel I get to. When I pulled the USB key I didn't format it I just removed it from the computer and then put it back in. Hope this clarifies.

Status
Not open for further replies.