TimeMachine Share not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixel8383

Explorer
As far as I know the default NIC should not be added and configured to Network > Interfaces section. Am I wrong?

b88

Dabbler
As far as I know the default NIC should not be added and configured to Network > Interfaces section. Am I wrong?
My understanding is that if you do not add it, freenas sets up your interface for you, but if you add your interface to interfaces, you need to set it up.

Also, I just realised that on my ancient macbook, ipv6 was not enabled. It's now set to autoconfig and so far no issues, even after standby.

Will do some more testing to see if i can enable jails, or if this still affects afp reliability.

b88

Dabbler
It seems that there were two issues in my case:
1. FreeNas main interface did not use ipv6 autoconfigure.
2. My ancient macbook had ipv6 turned off all together, which was a bit surprising, I didn't even consider this.

After fixing these settings everything works like a dream. AFP is rock solid and time machine hasn't failed since. Also i enabled some of my jails and it doesnt seem to interfere. However the jails still produce an error message when started. Need to do some more digging.

pixel8383

Explorer
Thank you b88. I configured ipv6 on my NIC and it seems to mitigate the issue. I will wait for another couple of days monitoring if everything works fine to mark my issue as solved. Thank you again.

b88

Dabbler
Ok, good to hear. For me this was a huge relief, and i havent managed to crash it yet. Seems rock solid, even on wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.