TimeMachine Error 2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emanuelejazz

Cadet
Hello, I'm having a serious problem with Time Machine (OS X El Captain) and FreeNas 9.3.
My previous backup was getting too big as I did't set any disk quotas and taking me away space for other files.
I decided to deleted everything (user, group and dataset as well as the apple share relative to time machine).
I started all over again and at first it worked and the backup started. Then, while the backup was completing, I enabled and set up the WebDav service and the backup never worked again.
I'm getting now this error as I try to do a new backup :

"Time Machine can't access the backup disk "Backups". The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error 2.)"

I noticed that all dataset had as owner and over group "webdav" so I change it to me and the Time Machine group but it din't sort it out.
I tried to delete everything again but with no result.

Any idea of waits wrong ? If you need I can post screenshots relative to my configuration.
I've tried all suggestion from an extensive Google search with no results.

Thank you in advance
Emanuele

PS To set up the Time Machine I've used a guide step by spot for FreeNAS so I think I've done all correctly.

D

dlavigne

So one dataset had both an AFP and a webdav share? If so, this is why you don't share the same data using multiple share types...

Were you able to figure out how to fix this?

adrianwi

Guru
My Time Machine AFP shares have a user:group as myuser:myuser and they are just used for Time Machine, so no other share types.

Status
Not open for further replies.