Time out question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingentech

Cadet
NFS Time out question

I have a strange bug that I can't seem to resolve. When I attempt to attach a folder via nfs from my FreeNAS-8.0.3-p1-amd64 box from a linux machine it takes about three tries before it connects. mount -v shows it is a portmapper error RPC fails timed out. I have googled and can't find my particular situation and I have tried the solutions others have tried but still have the problem. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

ingentech

Cadet
Since I have gotten no response, I must not have explained my self clearly enough. I have a FreeNAS-8.0.3-p1-amd64 box installed with CIFS and NFS shares setup. I can connect to all the shares, but when the Linux boxes attempt initial connection after power up or reboot the connection fails with a time out due to portmapper error RPC Failed Timed Out. If I try to connect again it times out again, if I try a third time it connects. I have tried mount -t nfs -o proto=tcp and still the same result. Any ideas what could be done so that I can have a connect on the first attempt? I have VMMs accessing the shares where the virtual machines are housed and the servers take a very long time to connect due to the need for repeated attempts to connect before success. Thank you again for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.