Time Machine - Disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

WallaceTech

Dabbler
Hi Guys.

I have followed guides on how to setup FreeNas so that i can use Time Machine to backup my Mac. The setup went well and i can backup to Time Machine.

However it keeps loosing connection to the Time Machine drive. If i restart AFP service then it works but then it goes again. I don't get hourly backups as its disconnected by then.

Any ideas? is there anything i should check or tweak? Any logs you would like me to post up?

Thanks in advance.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Are you using wireless or powerline adapters?

Also all that crap we require when creating a thread as listed in the forum rules would be useful...

Rob L

Cadet
I'm having the same issue. Also, when opening Time Machine, it won't load any previous backups and just says "Waiting" before the snapshot name. Restarting AFP fixes it sometimes. Other times I have to manually try and reconnect to my AFP dataset in Finder before it will see it again. Today I woke up and no backups were done because it couldn't find the share again.

areis

Dabbler
I'm having the same issue since updating client machines (iMacs via Ethernet and MacBook Pros via wifi) to os x 10.10 Yosemite. The first attempt (automatic hourly) to backup usually fails, stating that it cannot find the time machine disk. Therefore, time machine backups do not occur hourly or at all. Manually choosing to backup after the first failure is usually successful. Obviously, the time machine dataset is shared using AFP.

I have also noticed that connecting to AFP network shares upon login is oftentimes unsuccessful as well. I frequently have to manually connect to the share after I login.

All these connections worked perfectly in os x 10.9 Mavericks. I would be willing to share logs, etc. if I knew how.

Last edited:

apb0703

Dabbler
Same thing is happening to me. I get the first backup done, but after that the Mac can't find the backup disc. Did anyone ever find a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.