ThinkServer RAID 930-16i work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trekkie

Dabbler
Hi All -

I'm playing in my lab at work with a Lenovo tower box that has their latest 930-16i based RAID card.

I forgot to clear the RAID before i installed Freenas 11 (latest build). I cleared the raid, set the disks to JBOD so they should show up as individual drives.

After rebooting, I'm not seeing any of the 4x 8TB drives I have. I see the two flash drives (m.2) that I installed FreeNas on, but nothing else.

I'm not very familiar with freebsd and some of my linux commands aren't working that I'd look to see if it's recognized/driver loaded. Could someone point me in the right direction? I appreciate this card isn't what you use, I just want to know if it works. I'm using lab equipment, and this isn't my final platform I just wanted to poke around and learn before I built one.

kdragon75

Wizard
lspci To list all PCI devices.
camcontrol devlist to list all block devices.

I'm guessing the card supports JBOD but not tru passthrough. This is bad as it may or may not pass smart data and other disk information/errors to FreeNAS.

trekkie

Dabbler
appreciate the reply. doesn't look like there is a driver out for 11.x from the supplier. don't care about smart/other disk info at this time, as i mentioned I'm trying to play around not set up something.

kdragon75

Wizard
I'm trying to play around not set up something.
Fair enough. Some people just don't understand why this matters. You could still use that hardware with ESXi and virtualize FreeNAS for testing. This gives a lot of extra lab options too!

Status
Not open for further replies.