The dataset stay read-only after snap/rep job removed

ssts100

Dabbler
When I create a local replication job from a sub-dataset to a root dataset in another pool. Once the replication job is done. Remove the snapshot job and the replication job does not reset the root dataset to read-only off. When you change the setting in GUI, it does not stay after saving it. Deleting the snapshots did not help either. Export and import the pool will fix it.

TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.2

ssts100

Dabbler
Also, I can't create Run Once replication?
1689475484812.png

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
When I create a local replication job from a sub-dataset to a root dataset in another pool. Once the replication job is done. Remove the snapshot job and the replication job does not reset the root dataset to read-only off. When you change the setting in GUI, it does not stay after saving it. Deleting the snapshots did not help either. Export and import the pool will fix it.

TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.2

Replicating to a root dataset is not recommended... can you verify if that is the key restriction?

nemesis1782

Contributor

TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.2
Thank you. I was running into the same issue. This does indeed solve the issue!