Test Plugin of MiniDLNA - Almost works perfectly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
The bad gateway is a configuration error on your part. You need to establish a gateway. I don't have any reason to think the plugin would not work on 8.3.1 however it's been a long time since I've used that version. Good Luck.

valesan

Patron
any news ?
I upgraded to 9.3 freenas, minidlna stopped working!
I removed the plugin and the jail and now can not find it in the plugins available to download!?!?!
how is it possible? it is possible that I can install it by hand?
I hate the plex :(

joeschmuck

Old Man
iXsystems is saying there is some issue with the MiniDLNA source code which is causing a plugin from working and thus there is no plugin nor expected date it will be available. You can do a manual installation if you like of MiniDLNA, I have created the How-To here. This is how we had to do it in the 8.0.4 days, well sort of. Back then I had to compile my own FreeNAS code.

niseguy123

Cadet
I have been provided a copy of a custom plugin of MiniDLNA with inotify built in and have been testing it out for almost a month. This is not my work, it was provided it to me by Will for testing since I have a lot of experience with this simple DLNA server. So far it works perfectly for me however there is a known issue with it as well which may affect people with large repositories of media. The details are in the Readme.txt file.

What this plugin can offer you over the current version is it will automatically update your files.db when you add, remove, or rename your shared files.

I have placed the plugin and a readme file on my FTP server for now and if you want to give it a shot, have at it. Ensure you read the Readme.txt file as it has important information on specific configuration changes you need to make to keep this working properly.

This is an unsupported custom plugin. If you have issues with it please just send me a PM and we can discuss it and if we cannot fix your problem, well I can at least report the issue if it's a new one. If you do see some odd behavior, report it to me. I haven't seen anything myself but that doesn't mean someone else wouldn't. If I don't get back to you right away, be patient, I'm a busy man these days.

As usual, use at your own risk. This plugin will be available until it becomes available on the FreeNAS Plugins site. I suspect that will be once the one issue has been completely resolved. And I will not post anything that I haven't tried & tested myself on my own home FreeNAS system first.

To access the FTP server you must use the following:
URL: ftp://joeschmuckatelli.homeftp.org:1025
Name: GuestFTP
Password: guestftp

EDIT: I have taken down the FTP Server as of 31 Dec 2014. If you desire the file, let me know your email address and I can forward it to you.
Joe,
is the minidlna plugin still available? if so, can you send me a copy?

joeschmuck

Old Man
To my surprise the file is still at this URL: http://ge.tt/7DTSsJ92/v/0

Please post if this still works under the current version of FreeNAS 9.3, I haven't used MiniDLNA in quite a while, actually I stopped streaming video all together.

niseguy123

Cadet
thanks for the file, and yes it does work under freenas 9.3. i only use it for playing my DTS audio files. minidlna is the only program i have found that will play the dts file with all of the channels.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Glad to hear it still installs and is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.