SOLVED TC 2.0 observation about space predictions

Predictions about space exhaustion are far more frequent and appear to be wildly inaccurate under TC 2.0. For instance, across six servers, over the same time interval, TC 1.3.2 sent me just four alerts about storage use, while TC 2.0 sent me 57 alerts.

Under TC 1.3.2, storage space alerts are based on four rules...

tc53.jpg

Of the six servers TC 1.3.2 was monitoring, four have more than 50% of storage used. This is what I saw under All Alerts:

tc52.jpg

So, it appears rules 3 and 4 from the first screenshot kicked in. Rule 2 didn't. It's evident from the Alert Notices that whatever criteria is used to trigger this rule wasn't met.

Under TC 2.0, the rules around storage space alerts appear to have changed. There are just two rules.

tc55.jpg

It's not clear what the triggers are, but it's possible to observe their behaviour. Consider the following spate of storage space alerts for a particular server...

tc42.jpg

Over a seven-hour period, an alert was issued every hour The text column suggests the Alerts rule appears to be based on the rate of change of space consumed in a short space of time (hour interval maybe?). Once the rate dropped below a particular threshold, the alerts stopped.

Personally, I found TC 1.3.2 better at predicting space exhaustion. It was certainly less vocal about it! Visually, what's different between TC 1.3.2 and TC 2.0 almost seems like the following to me...

tc56.jpg

Resolved in TC 2.0.1.