System stops responding during resilvering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunhead

Dabbler
Hello
I replaced a drive and resilvering is ongoing but for some reason a second drive seems to be resilvering at the same time, which is weird because I have only one drive set up for redundancy.

I can't post CODE but I thought a screen shot instead will do:
So here is what I am seeing when I run zpool status:
97tzyp.png

If I run -v I get a lot of file errors but when I check on those files they seem to be ok.
At some point the machine will stop responding and I have to restart and the process starts again.
Is there a way out of this?

warri

Guru
I can't actually see your screenshot, but maybe a second drive went bad while resilvering. Is the drive just racking up CRC errors while your resilver is in progress?

Did you have SMART monitoring and emails set up?

EDIT: Also, state your full hardware specs and FreeNAS version please.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If a second drive went bad while resilvering that would be 2 in less than a week for a RAIDZ1 user! Bad bad joo joo.

Gunhead

Dabbler
At some point another drive disappeared for what seems to be a cable or pci sata card problem I have no ideea what is going on, this system is one year old! Anyway I connected the supposedly second failed drive to another PC and it shows as good drive. When I put it back into freeNAS machine it went online no problem. At this point I see all my drives are online. However the double resilvering thing keeps going on

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yep. You have no choice but to wait for it to finish now. :(

Gunhead

Dabbler
Yeah but the system stops responding after a while, I cannot browse files, I cannot acces it thru browser, and I have no ideea if it keeps working or it just died

cyberjock

Inactive Account
locally do gstat. you'll see disk activity if there is any.

If it's not finishing you can try using ddrescue to duplicate the bad disk to a good one and hope it works.

Is this for business or home?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Any chance you can post the entire output of "zpool status"? A bunch scrolled off the screen on your screenshot. You can make it go one screen at a time with zpool status | more.

Gunhead

Dabbler
thanks for the tip at last now I can see the progress. here is the first screen

2utg1hj.jpg

Attachments

• zpool status2.png
    zpool status2.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 295
Status
Not open for further replies.