System freezes during jail pbi install

Status
Not open for further replies.

csh8428

Dabbler
"Error Occurred" during jail install

PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS THREAD. MUCH OF THE INFORMATION WAS CHANGED WHICH NECESSITATED A NEW THREAD TITLE

So, I was stuck forever on the setup to install the jail pbi. The Jail IP Address field was just "------", so i couldn't get to the step to actually upload the pbi file. I finally figured out to set up an Interface like so:
Name: LAN
DHCP: checked
all other fields left as unchanged/default

Alias
iPv4 Address: 192.168.1.105 My Freenas ip is 192.168.1.104
ipv4 Netmask: /24 255.255.255.0
all other fields left as unchanged/default

I assume the above settings are correct?

Here's my problem: Steps 1 and 2 go by quickly. During Step 3 of the jail pbi install my system seems to freeze. The progress bar goes to 100% and the progress bar changes to that moving one from left to right(no % indicator). I watched youtube videos that show people uploading the jail pbi and step 3 takes a couple of seconds, but I let it go for about 10 minutes. The hard drive in the NAS was making very loud clicking noises so it was kind of scaring me a bit. After about 10 minutes it "finished" and I got an "error occurred" message at the top of my GUI. I had to reboot the NAS. No plugin jail. I'm using 8.2 beta 3 with UFS drives. Using chrome to access the GUI.

Is this normal? Any other comments? Is there a way to install the jail via command line?

Thanks for any help!

edited: for more detail

Regards,

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.