System core files found in....

Elo

Contributor
System core files were found in /var/db/system/cores. Please create a ticket at https://jira.ixsystems.com/ and remove these files.
2021-02-17 15:27:28 (Europe/Oslo

Runing U2 ... I have had a lot of problems with one of my upgrades (have two servers). I have no idea how to remove these files?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I have no idea how to remove these files?
cd /var/db/system/cores go into that directory
ls -l have a look at the files we will delete... should give you a clue about which service has core dumped (probably smbd or python38)
rm * delete the files.

If you want to do the other part of the suggestion in the message, you could go to System | Support and fill in the details (and select attach debug).

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
ls -l have a look at the files we will delete... should give you a clue about which service has core dumped (probably smbd or python38)
rm * delete the files.

If you want to do the other part of the suggestion in the message, you could go to System | Support and fill in the details (and select attach debug).
A debug without the actual core files isn't that helpful. If core files are just syslog-ng and smbd (from old version where it was crashing) also aren't too helpful.

Elo

Contributor
rm * delete the files.

I found rrdcached.core and su.core ?

My server is part of a domain and after upgrading to 12 I have had problems with approval of the domain due to time differences which I think was solved by using the same time server all over (time.microsoft.com). I seem to assosiate rrd with Round Robin but I do not know what its for ...

Have deleted both files

Rand

Guru
What RRDtool does

RRDtool is the OpenSource industry standard, high performance data logging and graphing system for time series data. RRDtool can be easily integrated in shell scripts, perl, python, ruby, lua or tcl applications

Have a su.core too. Will create a ticket and attach it.