Syncthing Synchronisation behave & users

RMAZOUZI

Explorer
Hello ,

Please should be informed that i have just come to configure Syncthing pluging with truenas and the sychronisation works perfectlty between client windows and the server i have two requests :

01_in envirrnement production we have 30 users is it possible that each user could sync his data to a seperate folder on truenas if this is possible can you show me how please.

02_to control the behave of sychronisation it is possible to configure syncthing client to update just the new added files and new enregstrement of the files already sychronized so that could optimize the bandwitch usage

ChrisRJ

Wizard
While I have installed Syncthing manually in a jail and not used the plugin, that will not make a difference for those questions.

01_in envirrnement production we have 30 users is it possible that each user could sync his data to a seperate folder on truenas if this is possible can you show me how please.
In my understanding, and I do not consider myself a Syncthing expert, that is possible.
02_to control the behave of sychronisation it is possible to configure syncthing client to update just the new added files and new enregstrement of the files already sychronized so that could optimize the bandwitch usage
Isn't that the standard behavior?

I would check the Syncthing documentation in addition and perhaps ask in their forum. This is more a Syncthing than a TrueNAS topic, IMHO.

RMAZOUZI

Explorer
hi ChrisRJ

Thanks for your response

i have created a user "USER01" and a sharing folder "/mnt/datastore01/SyncMe/USER1" and i added USER to group sycn "983 GUID" it detect new update but that could not write new files from local folder of windows client to /mnt/datastore01/SyncMe/USER1