Syncthing : can only open synced files in read only mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

a.iredigo

Dabbler
Hi all,

Freenas version : 9.3 stable release
syncthing plugin 0.10.22

I have installed syncthing plugin on freenas.
I have created /mnt/volume1/Sync on freenas and used it as a source for the plugin storage /media/syncthing under the syncthing jail.
I have installed syncthing on a remote laptop running windows with a directory d:/sync
I have create a sample file test.txt under d:/sync
The file is being synced and I can see and access it in mnt/volume1/Sync.
When I try to edit it and make changes, I can open it but can not save any changes ('access denied' or 'the file is read only' when I try with an excel sample file).
Any idea how I can get this to work ?

Thanks a lot

a.iredigo

Dabbler
As additional info, I tried the reverse, aka creating the files in /mnt/volume1/Sync on freenas, then syncing to laptop, then edit the files from the laptop, save, close and sync again.
I opened again the files in freenas and the changes were synced, so my problem is only when I create the files on the laptop.
Any clue as how I can solve this ?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
As additional info, I tried the reverse, aka creating the files in /mnt/volume1/Sync on freenas, then syncing to laptop, then edit the files from the laptop, save, close and sync again.
I opened again the files in freenas and the changes were synced, so my problem is only when I create the files on the laptop.
Any clue as how I can solve this ?
How are you trying to edit the files? Through CIFS?

a.iredigo

Dabbler

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi Joshua,
yes, accessing via CIFS sharing
this is most likely a CIFS permission issue. either..
* loosen permission levels for those files (not sure how you do this in syncthing)
* have CIFS default to the same UID as the one syncthing uses by changing syncthings user
* have CIFS default to the same UID by forcing a specific user for that share

Status
Not open for further replies.