salman8506

Dabbler
Hi All,

I have true with below config installed on a 500gb laptop drive,

r7 -1700
64gb ram
500gb hdd
1tb nvme zfs- downloads
8tb*6 hdd - zfs 1 with 500gb ssd for cache.

Problem is my boot drive has started giving problems where boot pool encounters io errors and system freezes.
I have procured a 120gb ssd and would like to mirror or clone the 500gb boot drive to 120gb without loosing config.

Any help or correct way to achieve this ? as i have lot of shares and plugins configured along with the raid close to 70% full. Will backup config and restore work if i do a clean install ?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

salman8506

Dabbler
So basically after a clean install, as soon as i import the config all my storages/users/plugins/vm's/smb shares/isci shares will come back as they were as long as all disks are present ?

Sorry for asking again.

Samuel Tai

So basically after a clean install, as soon as i import the config all my storages/users/plugins/vm's/smb shares/isci shares will come back as they were as long as all disks are present ?

Sorry for asking again.

Yes, precisely. This is one of the best features of TrueNAS. If you have a current config, failure of the boot pool is no big deal.

salman8506

Dabbler
Yes, precisely. This is one of the best features of TrueNAS. If you have a current config, failure of the boot pool is no big deal.
Unfortunately it did not work, 1 zvol came back, main 40tb zvol is offline. I only unplugged the boot drive and attached SSD to that port...rest everything was left as is

Samuel Tai

Did you upload your config? You may also need to manually import your pool from Storage->Pools, and clicking the blue Add button.

salman8506

Dabbler
Unfortunately no pools were found, i confirmed all 6 disc's aare detected and on the same ports, no physical change at all.

SHould i switch back to my old drive and see if everything pop's back up ?

Samuel Tai

The system is supposed to reboot automatically after you import your config.