Supported way of converting vdev to a mirror

kdragon75

Wizard
I was rushing through a disk replacement on a pool consisting of several mirrors. Instead of "replacing" the failed disk, I "detached" it. I do not see a way of adding the replacement drive to the vdev to re-create the mirror. This is easy in CLI but this will not add the swap, glabels, etc... Can anyone offer advice on creating a mirror vdev from a single drive vdev?

I have forgotten just how bad the user interface is in TrueNAS. To think my company almost dropped 80k on 2 boxes as backup targets.

kdragon75

Wizard
Seems I want to "Extend" the and it will automatically decide what's best for you. Seems an opportunity to adjust the UI. iXsystems, until the user interface is more intuitive and flexible (not really that big of an ask), I cannot recommend these boxes. We shouldn't have to pay more for TrueCommand just to make things usable.

kdragon75

Wizard
Heres a thought, Ill consult for your UX/UI teams for an all flash array. :D

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
We shouldn't have to pay more for TrueCommand just to make things usable.
TrueCommand is free for up to 50 disks.
TrueCommand does not handle disk replacement.

danb35

Hall of Famer
iXsystems, until the user interface is more intuitive and flexible (not really that big of an ask)
It's a meaningless ask, as you know perfectly well. But you can do what you're asking for through the GUI now, which wasn't the case before 12.0.

If you need help, please search before asking
Oh, the irony.

kdragon75

Wizard
It's a meaningless ask, as you know perfectly well. But you can do what you're asking for through the GUI now, which wasn't the case before 12.0.

Oh, the irony.
Yeah I know >.<
I have been out of the scene for some time and am just getting back into it as I rebuild my lab with newer versions.

I have also been known to beat a dead horse on occasion. The reason teh UI/UX stuff bothered me so much is because iXSystems is so close to a great product but as it currently stands, it's not the enterprise ready product they pose it as.