support for intel c606 sas controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaxagoras

Cadet
I'm running the current beta freenas 8.3.0beta1. It does not look like it has the isci (yes that's right isci) driver. Link to Driver

i grabbed the ko module from freebsd8.3 and placed it in /boot/kernel and I'm able to load it, it sees the controller, however it does not see any the drives attached to it. Am I missing anything? Is it an issue with the freenas kernel and I need to compile additional support for it? If that's the case is it possible to get a copy of the freenas kernel config file?

Also I'm going to try loading up vanilla freebsd 8.3 soon and see if that works at all.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
There's so many things that could make what you are doing not work it's hard to explain in a forum. If FreeBSD 8.3 works then you'll have to look at the source to see if it's even included. If so, is it being loaded. If it is, then why aren't your drives appearing.

Lots of steps. Start with vanilla FreeBSD 8.3 and go from there. It is fixable! I just fixed one of my RAID controllers in early August. Took about 30 hours of work over a period of days to go from "I wanna fix this" to "ticket closed and fix applied".

theruskian

Cadet
running into the same problem i think. I've got a Supermicro x9dr3-f board -- SATA connected drives show up just fine. The drives connected to the C606 controller are a no show. Not sure if it may be related to the SAS > 4x SATA connectors i'm using (came with the board). I have updated to the 8.3.0 release and the issue persisted from RC1. Pulled isci.ko from FreeBSD 8.3 and added to /boot/kernel (and added iscsi_load="YES" to the loader) but nothing. I think I saw in build specs on some of the iXsystems boxes that they use the C606 controllers so technically the hardware should be supported :-/ Did you make any headway anaxagoras?

pro lamer

Guru
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.