BUILD SuperMicro X8DTH-iF w/dual E5530

Status
Not open for further replies.

swbartley

Explorer
I read the hardware recommendations that a dual motherboard is not necessary for freenas but I got it at such a great price it wasn't worth passing up. However does freenas recognize dual processors in the web interface because under my system information tab it says Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E35530 @ 2.40GHz which is like it only sees one processor. I ask this because I would think it would say Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5530 @ 2.40GHz x2 or something to that effect? I just want to make sure i'm good to go before I build out this system and it's not compatible. Thanks in advance!

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I read the hardware recommendations that a dual motherboard is not necessary for freenas but I got it at such a great price it wasn't worth passing up. However does freenas recognize dual processors in the web interface because under my system information tab it says Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E35530 @ 2.40GHz which is like it only sees one processor. I ask this because I would think it would say Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5530 @ 2.40GHz x2 or something to that effect? I just want to make sure i'm good to go before I build out this system and it's not compatible. Thanks in advance!
It is a little on the old and slow side, but it can probably get the job done. FreeNAS will use all the CPU cores, they just don't show where you are looking.
If you look under the "Reporting" tab you should see all the cores listed out:

upload_2018-7-15_5-4-13.png

swbartley

Explorer
It is a little on the old and slow side, but it can probably get the job done. FreeNAS will use all the CPU cores, they just don't show where you are looking.
If you look under the "Reporting" tab you should see all the cores listed out:

View attachment 24764

Thanks for the help and yes it may be a little old but it's an upgrade from the Intel X3430 I have been running for the last 4 years which will now run my freepbx phone system. Plus how could I argue with 2 intel xeon e5530 w/motherboard for $100 on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.