Supermicro 10GB SFP module recommendation

kenster

Dabbler
I have a 36 bay Supermicro with an X10DRi-T4+ motherboard in it that I need to upgrade to 10GB SFP. What is a good or recommended NIC for this server on TrueNAS-13.0-U6.1

danb35

Hall of Famer
Your title for this thread doesn't seem to have much--if anything--to do with your question. But that question is answered here:

kenster

Dabbler
So the AOC-STGN-i2S NIC is verified to work for my 4U case. This appears to be an Intel card, but not one of the ones listed on the link above. Does this mean it will work because it's Intel, or it won't because it's not specifically mentioned on the Network Primer guide?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Any standard low-profile card would work in your chassis, and that includes every 10G NIC I've seen, though I'm sure there's the occasional exception. There's no reason at all to look specifically for a Supermicro card, and I'm not at all sure it would work with your motherboard/chassis--it's a weird form factor. But assuming it's physically and electrically compatible with the rest of your system, I'd expect it would work.

nabsltd

Contributor
I have a 36 bay Supermicro with an X10DRi-T4+ motherboard in it that I need to upgrade to 10GB SFP. What is a good or recommended NIC for this server on TrueNAS-13.0-U6.1
HP 530SFP+ for two 10Gbps ports

You can get them on eBay for $20 or less.