SuperChassis Tower Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddible

Cadet
Hi all,
I've been reading all the hardware guides and seeing the importance of a quality PSU. I had originally intended to get a case, and then a SeaSonic Focus PSU but when looking for a chassis, I stumbled upon the SuperChassis tower cases made by SuperMicro. They all come with PSUs, but I can't seem to find any information as to the quality of the PSUs. I was looking at something like this:

https://www.lambda-tek.com/Supermicro-CSE-733E-500B~sh/B671157

Are the included PSUs good quality or am I better off sourcing a different tower case and providing my own PSU?

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I'm sure they're okay, but I'm not convinced the chassis is particularly good value for money

eddible

Cadet
Ah okay. Well good to know the PSUs are okay should I go down that route. I'll keep looking! If you have any recommendations for a similar tower case?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Ah okay. Well good to know the PSUs are okay should I go down that route. I'll keep looking! If you have any recommendations for a similar tower case?
Are you looking for a chassis with hot-swap hard drive bays? I am pretty sure that chassis doesn't have them.
What features are you looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.