Suggest : Color and brightness configurable in webshell

Status
Not open for further replies.

laubner

Cadet
Hi,
I'm new to freenas (pretty cool) and make good use of the webshell feature in jails and for the admin.
But it's really hard for me to read that fading white print on black background. I'd love to be able to set that to "bright white" or even better "bright green" (as a memory of the good old vt100...)
No kidding, changing the foreground color would actually allow me to use it longer before headache kicks in...

If there a file to change (FreeNAS 9.3 Stable) manually, that would do the trick too... Any hint much appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Guido

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Hi,
I'm new to freenas (pretty cool) and make good use of the webshell feature in jails and for the admin.
But it's really hard for me to read that fading white print on black background. I'd love to be able to set that to "bright white" or even better "bright green" (as a memory of the good old vt100...)
No kidding, changing the foreground color would actually allow me to use it longer before headache kicks in...

If there a file to change (FreeNAS 9.3 Stable) manually, that would do the trick too... Any hint much appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Guido
FreeNAS 10 will probably have significant changes in this area, but I'm not sure there's going to be much effort put into "nice to haves" of the GUI shell. Most people just use SSH.

Status
Not open for further replies.