SOLVED Subtitles for plex

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLMJOSLIN

Dabbler
How do you get plex to fetch/download subtitles to media already on PMS?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Have you tried asking in the plex forums?

colmconn

Contributor
You should check out subliminal. It will automatically download subtitles in multiple languages for whatever files you throw at it. There's all ready a package for it so you should be able to pkg search subliminal to find it

DLMJOSLIN

Dabbler
My PMS runs in a jail on FreeNAS 9.10. I haven't figured out how to do any of these things. Sorry. Could someone give me the break down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLMJOSLIN

Dabbler
Have you tried asking in the plex forums?
I have unfortunately their forums aren't as responsive. And since my plex is on FreeNAS most of their suggestions are like a foreign language to me.

Valdhor

Explorer

DLMJOSLIN

Dabbler

DLMJOSLIN

Dabbler

Valdhor

Explorer
So when i get the Error "insufficient permissions on library" where do I need to set those permissions at?

What user does your Plex server run as? Most likely it's plex but some people change it (Me being one of them).

if it is plex then you would need to do something like chown plex:plex path/to/library and/or chmod 755 path/to/library

DLMJOSLIN

Dabbler
What user does your Plex server run as? Most likely it's plex but some people change it (Me being one of them).

if it is plex then you would need to do something like chown plex:plex path/to/library and/or chmod 755 path/to/library
It's still under the plex user. I'll have to look at it after work to see the path.

DLMJOSLIN

Dabbler

Please forgive me for asking. But where exactly would I find this information to verify its path? Is it under the account tab> user/group?

Valdhor

Explorer

DLMJOSLIN

Dabbler
Status
Not open for further replies.