Stuck on trying to mount root from zfs:freenas-boot/ROOT/11.3-RELEASE []...

Hello all! I tried finding the answer to my problem online and on this forum so I'm sorry if this was already answered.

I recently upgraded (new to me) my freenas server motherboard. When I boot the server without the hard drives that contain my pools, everything boots up normal and great. However, when I have all my hard drives in the server it will get to "trying to mount root from zfs:freenas-boot/ROOT/11.3-RELEASE []..." and freeze. After about 10-15 minutes it will reboot and do it all over again. If I remove the drives, it will boot up perfectly. Do you have any ideas on how i can fix this? I'm thinking it is a setting in the bios but everything I've tried did not work.

Not sure if it matters but I have a supermicro x7dbe+ motherboard with 16 gb ram. I also have two sas controllers for the disks with the pool data. My boot ssd is on sata port 0.

For those who are wondering, I found out that one of my PCI express ports was not working correctly and somehow caused my freenas machine to not boot fully. Weird how somthing simple can cause hours of frustration.