Streaming live sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebusfreek666

Dabbler
I was looking through the plugins available through freenas, and was wondering if there is any way to stream live sports using this system. I didn't see anything obvious listed, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Football and baseball are pretty much the only reason I keep directv at this point since 99% of the time I am streaming media from my HDD's, netflix, and amazon. I realize I can use (and do) MLB.tv for regular season baseball, but for playoffs and for all of football there is really nothing. Thanks for any info you can provide!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What would be FreeNAS' role in your scenario? I don't see how a server helps in any way.

Jebusfreek666

Dabbler
What would be FreeNAS' role in your scenario? I don't see how a server helps in any way.

Sorry. Forgot to mention that I am setting up the server mostly for a plex server, and also for file storage for the entire family. I was just hoping there was a way to do streaming sports with the same machine so I can drop directv since I will be watching all my media through plex except for sports.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Sorry. Forgot to mention that I am setting up the server mostly for a plex server, and also for file storage for the entire family. I was just hoping there was a way to do streaming sports with the same machine so I can drop directv since I will be watching all my media through plex except for sports.

Why not check out Plex plugins for that very thing?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Or the new Plex DVR feature?

melloa

Wizard
Or the new Plex DVR feature?

I think that still Beta and for Plex Pass only. Nowadays only interfaces with HomeRun receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.