Strange Multipath SAS controller behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

nut

Cadet
I just set up a new Supermicro build with a AOC-S2308L-L8E HBA, and a CSE-846BE26-R920B chassis.

The HBA is set up with SAS Multipath, and it is somewhat working. But it does have quite some problems when trying to add drives while the system is running. The view disks under storage shows the drives, and when I try to add them to a volume they show up two times.

When I do a reboot of the system they are all connected correctly under Storage and Multipath with the active and passive path. It is really annoying if I need to do a system reboot every time I either change a drive or add some drives. Any thoughts?

By the way is it possible to show where the physical drive is connected within FreeNAS? I can see that the HBA has the overview of the location of all the drives, but it is a bit troublesome with a bunch of DA0-19 (10 drives, but with the multipath they all got two different DA numbers). I have written down the serials of all the drives and where they are put, so I got the overview for now, but I got room for 14 more drives.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Identifying the physical drive locations is only available in TrueNAS since it has to be coded to work with that specific hardware.

To fix the multipath I believe this is the fix:

# service ix-multipath start

Check things with the following:
# gmultipath status
# gmultipath list

Status
Not open for further replies.