Storj iX error 22 (cloud sync task)

willis936

Cadet
I have the exact same issue as mentioned in this thread:

I just made an account with iX partner link, have made a bucket and S3 credentials that validate successfully in the cloud credentials interface. When making a cloud sync task with the Storj iX cloud credentials specified I get "Error: 22 argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable" with the suggestion to "Fix Credential".

I am on TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.2.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I have the exact same issue as mentioned in this thread:

I just made an account with iX partner link, have made a bucket and S3 credentials that validate successfully in the cloud credentials interface. When making a cloud sync task with the Storj iX cloud credentials specified I get "Error: 22 argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable" with the suggestion to "Fix Credential".

I am on TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.2.

It might be this issue... (fixed in 22.12.4)

I don't know why the storj bucket is unattributed?? Nothing unusual in your setup?

willis936

Cadet
It might be this issue... (fixed in 22.12.4)

I don't know why the storj bucket is unattributed?? Nothing unusual in your setup?
I don't have access to that issue, so I can't comment.

I don't think there's anything unusual about my setup. I use a bridged interface which iirc is necessary to use my 10G link. I'm running a VM and the nextcloud app with one RAIDZ1 VDEV and some SMB shares. I have been backing up to B2, but that task fails relatively often (it's been difficult to find why in the logs).

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I am able to work around this issue by using "Amazon S3" as the cloud backup and specifying the datastore.
Thanks for the innovation... but we need to resolve the core issue.

I am having the same issue. With a credential created on May 30th, I can run copy jobs from TrueNAS Scale. With credentials created in the last few days, I get the iteration error mentioned above. I also cannot access that JIRA ticket to confirm. I updated today to TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.1, but that did not resolve the issue.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I am having the same issue. With a credential created on May 30th, I can run copy jobs from TrueNAS Scale. With credentials created in the last few days, I get the iteration error mentioned above. I also cannot access that JIRA ticket to confirm. I updated today to TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.1, but that did not resolve the issue.
It can depend on how the bucket was created.... if you create from ix-storj account page it should work.

However, if created another way, there is a possibility the whole account is unaccessible from TrueNAS. This will be fixed in 22.12.4

In the meantime, I assume deleting the offending bucket and recreating would work.

Last edited: