Storage for Plex and OwnCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladowali

Explorer
Hi Group,

I have installed Plex on my Freenas 9.3 Stable and also installed OwnCloud.

Question 1: I can see my movies folders where I put fine but can also see the same folders under the plex jail. My question is: Is the movies files stored at two different places, I mean is it taking double space on my hard drive or the plex jail just showing mirror of my actual movie folders inside the jail?

Question 2: I have copied some files on my owncloud folder. where does it stores on my hard drive? Can I link my existing folder of my freenas storage to the owncloud jail? and if yes then how?

Thanks and Regards

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
No, data isn't in two places.

When you added the plugins, you should have seen something prompting you to add storage, similiar to this: http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_jails.html#add-storage

All that is doing is allowing each jail to mount a folder on your freenas and allow access inside the plug-in jail.

Ladowali

Explorer
No, data isn't in two places.

When you added the plugins, you should have seen something prompting you to add storage, similiar to this: http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_jails.html#add-storage

All that is doing is allowing each jail to mount a folder on your freenas and allow access inside the plug-in jail.

Thanks for replying depasseg.

Please pardon my ignorance. But when I compare my steps of Plex and OwnCloud, it differs. I can see under jails, there are two jails (plexmediaserver_1 and owncloud_1) but under storage I have only one storage (plexmediaserver_1). When I try to add storage for owncloud jail and try to open my owncloud server, it gives error and when I delete the storage and re-run the owncloud, it works fine. Its a mystery for me where the owncloud storing my files?

Thanks and Regards

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks for replying depasseg.

Please pardon my ignorance. But when I compare my steps of Plex and OwnCloud, it differs. I can see under jails, there are two jails (plexmediaserver_1 and owncloud_1) but under storage I have only one storage (plexmediaserver_1). When I try to add storage for owncloud jail and try to open my owncloud server, it gives error and when I delete the storage and re-run the owncloud, it works fine. Its a mystery for me where the owncloud storing my files?

Thanks and Regards
the owncloud plugin uses /media as it's data location. you could mount an external dataset, but if you want to with your current install you'll need to copy existing data to that dataset before mounting it to the jail.

Ladowali

Explorer
the owncloud plugin uses /media as it's data location. you could mount an external dataset, but if you want to with your current install you'll need to copy existing data to that dataset before mounting it to the jail.

Hi Joshua,

I can not open /media under owncloud_1 jail. Can you please tell how I can access that folder so I can copy the data to another location.

Thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi Joshua,

I can not open /media under owncloud_1 jail. Can you please tell how I can access that folder so I can copy the data to another location.

Thanks
unmount your storage from the jail
cp -R /mnt/ZPOOL/jails/owncloud_1/media/* /mnt/ZPOOL/DATASET
chown -R /mnt/ZPOOL/DATASET
mount the dataset to the jail to /media

Status
Not open for further replies.