Static IP

Seed

Dabbler
I can’t seem to set a static ip. I have two interfaces on separate dhcp networks and they both get ips from the right places. But when I try to “edit” the address for interface 1, for example, it changes it but it’s not reachable even after “test”, then it rolls back.

the other issue is if I change interface 1 for example, it changes interface 0. Then I have the wrong network on the other interface. The options are much more limited here than in the core version.

Seed

Dabbler
Just a follow up to this, you have to go into global config first and set the gateway there manually then you can set the static ip under the interface.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Yes, a gateway is needed.. DHCP provides it by default. Is everything working as expected now?

Seed

Dabbler
Yes, a gateway is needed.. DHCP provides it by default. Is everything working as expected now?
Yeah I’m aware of that, just this UI sucks in that it’s managed outside of the interface edit.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
The best approach to these issues is to make a suggestion via "report a bug" on top menu.
There's a case to be made for a UI improvement.

Seed

Dabbler
The best approach to these issues is to make a suggestion via "report a bug" on top menu.
There's a case to be made for a UI improvement.

Thanks,

I attempted to do this, created an account, created a ticket as an "Improvement", then clicked create and it said only IX engineers have permissions to do this then it locked the type field and I can't change it forcing me to create the ticket all over again. I would like to help but that was a frustrating experience as well so I'll pass on creating the ticket again. That flow could use some work also. :)

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 10.38.48 AM.png

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Apologies for the confusion.

As a community user, you make a "suggestion"... it then gets upvoted by other users and then our engineering team decide whether to make it a planned improvement.