Static Address in scale

kappclark

Explorer
Have done in-place upgrade to SCALE from Truenas Core. Imported pool - no plm. No VM's came across, as expected.

I cannot see how to set a static address using the UI -- I can disable DHCP, but do not see a place to enter the static address.

kappclark

Explorer
On my Debian laptop, I have assigned a static address via the interfaces file at /etc/network .. I am imagining I could assign a ststic address there ?? Might roll the dice and just do it -- just do not want to brick the NAS..

LarsR

Guru
under netwock choose your network interface and klick on it in the list, a configuration menu will pop up on the right side of the screen.
Uncheck the dhcp checkbox and scroll to the bottom. There's a menu point "IP Adresses", add the ip you want to add.
Next you have to manually configure your nameservers and default route(router ip), thats also under "network but global configuration"
There's a "setting" button on the right side of the screen.

kappclark

Explorer
Thanks for the post -- here is what I see, after de-selecting DHCP:

The only 'editable option' is aliases. Clicking in the IP Address field does nothing
1654706254825.png

LarsR

Guru
you have to klick add aliases and there add the static ip you want

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    21.9 KB · Views: 170

kappclark

Explorer
That worked -- thank you for the guidance ... it is now responding to the static non-dhcp address..

danb35

Hall of Famer
IP Addresses are called Aliases in TrueNAS Console and UI. Add Alias = Add IP Address
...and you have to add it in full CIDR form: nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/nn