Startup Problems

dustbull

Cadet
When starting the server I have the problem that the boot-pool is not imported automatically and must be imported manually (screenshot). If I import the pool with the command "zpool import -o readonly=on boot-pool", the further startup process works until the point where the middleware service is started, there it stops. The whole thing occurs now all at once, the last 3 months there were never problems. The stick is recognized in the BIOS. Sure, the start always took a while, but now it just aborts. It doesn't matter how often I restart the service via systemctl, it stays in the same state even after 10 hours. I hope you can do something more with the information.

The version is 22.02.1
Installed on a USB drive (unfortunately still)
As HW I use the HP Proliant Microserver Gen8
Attached some screens

Cheers

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 2.png
    2.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 3.png
    3.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 91

neofusion

Contributor
The images list errors due to the drive being read only; something that typically happens when the drive has essentially died.
Hopefully you saved a copy of your config-file, otherwise I expect you will have to redo the configuration from scratch.

I can't see anything in the images that suggest that your normal data pools are affacted though, so you should be able to import them when you get a new install up and running.