Sonarr: Download Client placing file in root folder & General Setup

Master_W

Cadet
Please help.

I have built a NAS running Truenas Scale 23.10.1 and have installed sabnzbd and sonarr from the apps page. I conceptually understand how Sonarr can add NZB files which SAB takes, searches the usenet, downloads file into the completed folder and notifies Sonarr that the file is done. Sonarr then takes the completed file, re-names the file and saves it into the root location which is where all my tv shows are saved. Although I understand this conceptually, I am having a hard time making it happen in real life and with so many different guides out there, this makes it even harder leaving me with quite a few questions:

1. Some guides use Truecharts, is there a reason to a truecharts version of sonarr and not the native one in the app store?
2. Some guides show creating a SMB share, do I need to do that?
3. Do I need to add anything to SAB's system folders?
4. Do I need to change anything else that I may not have noticed or overlooked?

Sonarr is currently giving me the following problem, how do I solve this?

"Download client SABnzbd places downloads in the root folder {rootFolderPath}. You should not download to a root folder."

In general, my main concern is making sure that Sonarr is set up correctly before moving on to setting up Radarr. I used to have all this set up on docker on my old synology and built a new server to put Truenas scale as I heard this is the future so I am not familiar with just transferring over the settings as they are different.

Attachments

• TNS 2.jpg
    TNS 2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 81
  • TNS 1.jpg
    TNS 1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 75
  • sab 1.jpg
    sab 1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Sonarr 2.jpg
    Sonarr 2.jpg