Sonarr 3.0.9.1549 Upgrade

rmccullough

Patron
Sonarr shows an update available to version 3.0.9.1549, however it says:
Unable to update Sonarr directly, use 'pkg upgrade' or create a PR requesting an update of the port

This version it looks like was approved today in FreshPorts. Has anyone tried upgrading to this version yet? It looks like it isn't available via pkg yet, but I imagine it will be soon since the PR was merged. I know I tried to do a pkg update before and it went very badly. Anyone else have success with this yet?

jmcguire525

Explorer
Sonarr shows an update available to version 3.0.9.1549, however it says:

This version it looks like was approved today in FreshPorts. Has anyone tried upgrading to this version yet? It looks like it isn't available via pkg yet, but I imagine it will be soon since the PR was merged. I know I tried to do a pkg update before and it went very badly. Anyone else have success with this yet?
Are you using the plugin or a jail created manually?

rmccullough

Patron
Jail created manually. I think I just need to wait for it to be supported in pkg rather than ports.

rmccullough

Patron
Hmm, looks like v3.0.8.1507 is what is supported on FreeBSD 12.x. I am still on TrueNAS 12. So I might have to wait until I upgrade to get this.

Last edited:

Sokonomi

Contributor
I'm on 12.3 with the jail and I'm getting the same error with my manual install (The actual plugin wouldn't even install at all).

In order to find a fix i've stumbled across this tutorial stating you have to manually 'chown -R' a folder or else the GUI update wont work. I've tried, to the best of my abilities, to set the permissions, but the problem unfortunately persists.

Is it because the pkg now uses 'quarterly' repository by default? Is there a way to throw that switch back to 'latest', and would that even fix anything?

My other manually installed sonarr install runs on the older 12.2-RELEASE-p10 and its GUI update worked without skipping a beat, so why a newer kernel install refuses to budge is a mystery to me.

rmccullough

Patron
I was just able to update to 3.0.9.1549 using pkg. I have pkg pointed at the 'latest' rather than 'quarterly'. I didn't have to chown anything. Do you have any kind of output from the
Code:
service sonarr start
command? What about from the sonarr/logs/sonarr.txt log file?

Sokonomi

Contributor
I switched the repository by copying /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf over to /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf and replacing quarterly with latest. That seems to have done it, somewhat. The GUI still wouldn't let me update, but running pkg upgrade from the jail shell dealt with it none the less. Not quite how it was designed to work, but its running current version now. The GUI might let me update now, but that remains to be seen until the next patch comes through.

Bottom line is that I got where I wanted to be, so i'll take it. :')

Small note perhaps, the sonarr install manual actually tells you to do this. How i've missed this giant orange box, I honestly don't know.