Something estrange with some user logins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi suppport team and friends , Freenas is a realy good work.
However i having some issues with some users i created and after change de password ia ger receiving a lot of

[2012/02/27 13:21:32.522798, 1] smbd/service.c:777(make_connection_snum)
create_connection_session_info failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
[2012/02/27 13:21:40.834174, 1] smbd/process.c:456(receive_smb_talloc)
read_smb_length_return_keepalive failed for client 192.168.1.197 read error = NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET.

I have a volume with several shares. is working excelent for some users
i create the directories from the ssh console and then set de owner an permisions ( with chown and chmod 770 ) for each group of users. The really strange is that some users just login into his shares if a use the "original" password i did set the firts time when were created. I tried to change it in several ways.. , delete recreate it , and do not work. i I create a new user same things happens.

example ; i i did create a user named vmarcos with password 123456 and assign it to the sales group works fine with the password 123456 , but if a try to change the password , the process goes fine but i get DENIED accesss. and if try with the 123456 passsword again , even without changing it from the GUI it still working !!!!, i I can access to the files . im realy confused.

There is some body with the same issues ?

Regards

Resolved

Hi Alll, thanks for your help.

The issue with the login users was resolved. I did no follow the link step by step bye with some ACLS i did resolv the problem.

I already have some shared folders with several groups with the respective permits. all working fine.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.