Some bugs in TrueNas Scale Cobia?

blackpeton

Cadet
I upgraded my system from bluefin to cobia. It works well but there are some little problems.
First, the network traffic seems wrong in dashboard. As this picture shows, the inbound traffic of eno1 is 20GB/s, an absolutely unnormal value, while the physical speed of the interface is only 10Gb/s (note the GB and Gb). The actual speed is about 7MB/s.
截屏2023-11-28 14.06.11.png

Second, the disk reporting page has a disordered display. In Bluefin, the display is ordered by the device name: nvme0-nvme1-sda-sdb-sdc, for example. But in Cobia this order may be: nvme0-sdb-sda-sdc-nvme1.
I don't know if there are configs about network traffic unit or reporting order, or these are just bugs and what I can do is to wait for new updates to fix.

ABain

Bug Conductor
iXsystems
The network traffic issue is a reported bug with a fix planned in 23.10.1.

It would be plausible if the "M" would be a "k" and the "G" a "M" so its definitely a issue with scaling.
Also on the Network-Dashboard it should be named "xiB/s" instead of "xiB"...

blackpeton

Cadet
It would be plausible if the "M" would be a "k" and the "G" a "M" so its definitely a issue with scaling.
Also on the Network-Dashboard it should be named "xiB/s" instead of "xiB"...
I upgraded my system to 23.10.1 and the bugs are still not fixed, too. As you said, it seems a mistake of unit.
By the way, the reporting is still disordered.
截屏2023-12-21 10.58.30.png

Paddy0293

Dabbler
i have no input or output values at all on my second lan connection ???
Is this another problem ?

Last edited:
Which one?
These values are updated only if there is data transfer, if no data transfer, then there is zero byte per second troughput...
so, its not a problem, although the unit is confusing, because there is no "/s" attached...

chuck32

Guru
OP probably is concerned that the dashboard reports traffic. It did for me too since I switched to Cobia. For the most part the reporting even exceeds what my interface is even capable of.
You could check if someone already made a bug report on Jira. I haven't had time yet.
If you check the reporting section and go to network the real numbers should be reported though.