[Solved] Import disk destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramblyBush

Dabbler
I'm trying to add some HDD's from a Nas4Free machine. They were formatted in either ZFS as single disk volumes, or UFS. They show up in "view disks" but when I try to import one, the destination browser is empty and when I click import volume, it says "the path does not exist."

Am I missing something? I feel like there should be something when I click browse. But searching the docs and the forum didn't turn up anything.

Worst case I'll boot up Nas4Free and see what I can do.

D

dlavigne

The UFS ones can only be mounted so that you can copy their contents to an existing ZFS pool: http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_storage.html#import-disk. If you decide to keep your ZFS pools as single disk, you will have no redundancy (not recommended unless your data is not important to you). If you want redundancy, you'll need to copy your data elsewhere, create a redundant pool, and copy the data to it.

bramblyBush

Dabbler
Right that's what I was trying to do. I just have data on those disks, I have new ones I'm using for my real NAS. I was just having trouble mounting it but now I understand. You have to have a currently mounted ZFS pool to hold the data from the old UFS disk, which makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.