Solid Red HDD Activity Lights on F2-221 with TrueNAS Core

jwz

Cadet
Just set up TrueNAS for the first time today after upgrading the RAM on my F2-221. My first time with a non-TOS software so please forgive my ignorance!

The HDD activity lights are showing as solid red, is there a way to get them to reflect the HDD activity?

Both bay slots are occupied, but not running RAID as one is a small SSD and the other is my main HDD.

I have 8GB of RAM (+2), and running Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J3355.

Any help would be great. Cheers!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I don't think there's much chance you'll get anything to happen with those LEDs on CORE.

If you were on SCALE, there would be a small chance you can get something happening with the help of something like this: https://github.com/arnarg/hddled_tmj33 (but be aware anything that you do to the appliance to make that work will likely be lost on upgrades.

What you're doing is using poorly selected hardware for matching to an appliance OS not intended for such hardware. You need to accept some of the consequences of that or change back to the purpose-designed OS that shipped with it.

Reactions: jwz

jwz

Cadet
Thanks, that was my suspicion but I thought I would check anyway.

The benefits of the OS and potential for learning outweigh some minor inconveniences for me, so I'm happy to put up with a couple of red lights.