snapshot based cloud backup?

maxs

Cadet
Hi there!

Is there a snapshot based cloud sync solution/service for TrueNas? I am currently using the Backblaze backend, which seems to be doing a file based backup. And while it does keep older versions of individual files, I don't see an option to restore a backup to the state of let's say exactly 1 week ago in case of a ransomware attack.

In other words: I'm looking for an offsite backup solution for TrueNas that allows me to restore a volume to the state at a specific time/date in the past. Ideally I'd be able to specify retention policies for the cloud backup.

Any help or advice appreciated!
Thx,
Max

00Average

Cadet
I'd like to second this question--I've been able to set up a file-based backup through Azure Blob, but would like to have that same ransomware protection in place. Is this doable? Is there a better way to do it?

dak180

Patron
rsync.net is the only option I am aware of for this short of rolling something yourself.

arthurnn

Cadet
Someone using B2 cloud here to sync(backup) a dataset.
For a sec, as a newbie to truenas, I thought it would copy the diff/snapshot, but now that you mentioned it is a file based sync, I wonder, what happen in the simple folder rename? would rclone take care of it, or would it delete the old a create a new one, even though the contents are identical?