SOLVED SMB Shares - Authenticated Access Without a DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntsetso

Cadet
Hi all!

I created 5 smb shares for 5 different users with different user names and passwords in FreeNAS-11.0-U2.
On windows, I can view all created shares. To access the first share Windows Security pop-up screen prompts for user's username and password. After the first authentication Windows no longer prompts for credentials to access the other shares. Moreover, I can even access the first share using credentials associated with another share. Is this normal?

TIA,
ntsetso

Artion

Patron
Hi, no it's not normal if you assigned different permissions on them. double check the permissions on the datasets. If you have the shares on one dataset then change them to reflect your needs from a windows machine. Let me know if you need info on how to accomplish this. However there is mush info on the subject if you google 'windows set permissions on a folder'.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

ntsetso

Cadet
Hi, no it's not normal if you assigned different permissions on them. double check the permissions on the datasets. If you have the shares on one dataset then change them to reflect your needs from a windows machine. Let me know if you need info on how to accomplish this. However there is mush info on the subject if you google 'windows set permissions on a folder'.

Tks for prompt reply. I created the shares using the wizard. No datasets were created.

rgds.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I've deselected permissions for other and for group.
The check boxes do nothing for SMB. Please watch the videos and follow their instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.